Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Personalized Prompt Poem

My group assigned me this:
  • a person poem human or non-human but it must be clear
  • situation must be clear, 
  • narrative is there is one non-linear or objective
  • if “you” it must be an other not the”I’”
Here's the poem:

Dark Night Blues

You are my friend, F
I wonder at your choices
and wonder at mine too
How you choose to live
with too much
It wasn't always that way
Your simple chicken coop apartment
behind the old coach house
You remember that, you told me
that was the best time for you
Before you got all high and mighty
you used to say you got "mighty high"
A joke of course, you never drank or smoked
A natural high you'd say, just on life you'd say
and then run outside naked or jump up on the roof 
How everything changed with money
your big house, your fancy car
and no fun anymore, your employees
told me they hate you  A sadness comes
over me and it's you underneath 
all that stuff, still wanting to get high
and not able to get up 





No comments:

Post a Comment